As soon as our mizuna crop is ready, I waste no time making this salad! It was adapted from one made with lemon juice and pecans, which you can find here. You can always make this without the quinoa, and then use less dressing.
- 2 cups dry quinoa, cooked according to directions and cooled
- ½ cup olive oil
- Juice of one orange (or use actual orange juice) (use more if flavour is too weak)
- 1 tsp dijon
- I bag of mizuna, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Optional: 1 cup diced kohlrabi or radish
- orange segments, cut into smallish pieces
- ½ cup crumbled feta (or blue cheese)
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup toasted slivered almonds (or sub pumpkin or sunflower seeds)
To make dressing, combine oil, orange juice and Dijon.
Fold all the veggies into the cooled quinoa, then add dressing and add salt and pepper to taste. Add the other ingredients and serve!